STAINS ON TEETH
Does your smile make you cringe when you see your discoloured teeth? Does smiling for photos become stressful thinking about the stains on your teeth? You are probably in the same boat as so many other people out there. Teeth stains are more common than you’d think and also treatable.
What causes stains on teeth to appear?
Teeth stains could be caused by a lot of different things including external factors, that you ingest or internal factors like infections.
Some of the things that could cause your teeth to stain are:
- Tobacco in the form of both cigarettes and chewing of tobacco can lead to teeth discolouration
- Certain foods and drinks could cause stains on teeth especially drinks like coffee, wine, dark sodas and certain vegetables and fruits.
- Poor dental hygiene could also lead to discolouration of teeth.
- Fluoride exposure at an early age could cause teeth to stain.
- Trauma, or certain medical conditions, could cause teeth discolouration. For example, radiation treatment and chemotherapy or internal bleeding could all cause stains on teeth.
Treatment for stains on teeth
A lot of treatment options are available for teeth stains right from over-the-counter whitening products to prescription products that are much stronger. But there are some stains that cannot be cleaned out with just the whitening products. Such stains need to be dealt with some cosmetic dental treatments like bonding or veneers.
At PHI Clinic, we offer treatment plans that are tailor-made for your specific needs and that are holistic in nature; meaning, not only do we offer clinical treatments, but we also help you understand the lifestyle and dietary changes you’d need to sustain the treatment plans, as well as prescribe medication when necessary. Contact us today to find out what kind of treatment you would need to get rid of those stains on teeth.