An ideal face lift candidate:
- Has sagging tissues that can be treated with a facelift
- Is looking for high-quality, long-term results
- Is near their ideal weight
- Does not have health conditions that may increase risks
- Does not smoke
- Is not taking medications or supplements that may increase risks
The two most commonly performed facelift types these days are MACS lift (mini faceflift) and a Composite facelift.
MACS lift or the Minimal Access Cranial Suspension lift is a minimally invasive facelift procedure in which the sagging facial tissues are suspended vertically upwards to the cranium with the help of sutures after dissection. This procedure has benefit of shorter scar and a shorter operative time and a faster recovery.
Composite facelift generally refers to a “full” face and necklift. In this procedure, both the facial tissues and neck tissues are lifted and tightened, and excess skin is removed. A composite facelift is a more invasive procedure and has longer lasting results. Conslut our Cosmetic surgeons to know which is the right procedure suited for you.