What is it?
Lost a lot of weight but unhappy with the sagging skin??
Body lift is an effective plastic surgery procedure for patients with excess skin, fat, and other tissues after weight loss through diet and exercise or bariatric surgery. Depending on the location of the excess skin, patients may need an upper, mid, or lower body lift. For patients with excess skin in the midsection, lower body, and extremities, a full or total body lift may be the best option.
A Body lift is customizable as per the patient’s goals and needs. It is important that you entrust your procedure to a skilled, experienced plastic surgeon as Body Lift is an Art like Sculpting. At PHI, we have the most experienced surgeons and use only FDA approved procedures and products.
- The surgery is done under general anesthesia and could require a hospitalization of 2-3 days.
- In this procedure, the plastic surgeon will make an incision at the waist or slightly below it and remove excess skin.
- The incision length and pattern depends on the amount and location of excess skin to be removed.
- In most cases, a body lift treats both the abdomen and the back area.
- A complete lower body lift includes the buttocks, tummy, waist, hips and thighs in one procedure.
- A circumferential incision around the body removes excess skin and fat and repositions and tightens tissue.
- The amount of time it takes to complete the surgery varies widely depending on your individual needs.
The results of body lift surgery are visible almost immediately.
The results are long-lasting through maintaining a stable weight and exercise.