All those suffering from acne know it well, that these little irritants don’t just limit themselves to the facial area. A lot of people suffering from acne find that they also often develop back acne. Back acne is usually indicative of your acne being very severe. Back acne, also called “bacne”, can seem very unsightly and could cause serious self-confidence issues but there are several ways of dealing with this skin condition.
What causes back acne?
Before we dive into the treatment options, let’s take a look at what causes these pesky little irritants. Acne is generally a result of clogged pores due to oil, dirt or other debris. Back acne specifically is also at its core, just that – a bunch of clogged pores. However, when these clogged pores start swelling up to make a place for the build-up, or pus, we start to notice reddish, inflamed lesions on our back.
Some of the reasons that could be contributing to your back acne could be as follows:
- A lot of times, genetics plays a very crucial role in how your body reacts. So if your parents have the tendency to facial, or back acne, it is very likely that you will also experience this.
- Lack of proper skin care, including a non-skin-friendly body wash, could trigger back acne. It is therefore very important to maintain proper skin hygiene in order to keep back acne at bay.
- Hormonal imbalance, especially during menstruation, pregnancy or when you hit puberty, could also be a major factor that would trigger back acne
- Acne breakouts could also be a result of an allergic reaction to either environmental factors or to certain skin products that you use.
- Often, after exercising, we tend to get lazy or too tired to quickly jump in the shower. This allows the bacteria and sweat to interact, and that could lead to acne breakouts.
Treatments for back acne
Back acne, like facial acne, could clear up by itself in a matter of a few days. However, unless you make substantial changes to your routines, habits and diet, they could keep coming back. These changes alone are sometimes not sufficient for some and they need a little extra help in the form of medications or other treatments to get rid of the back acne due to its severity.
Some of the treatments in case of severe back acne that an expert might suggest are:
- Topical or oral medications, or a combination of both, could be suggested to you, depending on the cause, severity and spread of the back acne
- Laser therapy
- Chemical peel
We, at PHI Clinic, offer a range of different treatment options to treat back acne. However, all our treatment plans are holistic in nature; meaning, not only do we offer treatments, but we also help you shape a robust diet plan and suggest oral medications or creams if needed. Contact us, and our experts will walk you through your options.